"Lawrence J. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:23:33 -0600
Okay, boys and girls, now I'm really confused.  This is the last message I sent:

 amlit2-l welcome . . . . . Welcome file for AMLIT2-L

Amlit2-L WELCOME PW=mypassword

 PUT Welcome to Amlit2-L, the list for discussing American Literature from
1880--present.  This list is used as a discussion forum for Tomball College
literature students and anyone else interested in American Literature of
this period.

Enjoy!

     Your list owner is Lawrence J. Clark ([log in to unmask]).

*************************

And this is what I got back--any ideas?

Thanks for your patience,

Larry

>Date:         Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:15:49 -0600
>From:
> "L-Soft list server at Texas A&M (1.8b)"
>Subject:      Output of your job "ljc8132"
>To:           Abraham Lincoln <[log in to unmask]>
>
>> amlit2-l welcome . . . . . Welcome file for AMLIT2-L
>Unknown command - "AMLIT2-L". Try HELP.
>
>> Amlit2-L WELCOME
>Unknown command - "AMLIT2-L". Try HELP.
>
>> PUT Welcome to Amlit2-L, the list for discussing American Literature from
>This is not the proper way to store files - you must send your request along
>with the replacement  file, inserting the PUT command before  the first line
>of the file you want to store.
>
>> 1880--present.  This list is used as a discussion forum for Tomball College
>Unknown command - "1880--PRESENT.". Try HELP.
>
>> literature students and anyone else interested in American Literature of
>Unknown command - "LITERATURE". Try HELP.
>
>> this period.
>Unknown command - "THIS". Try HELP.
>
>> Enjoy!
>Unknown command - "ENJOY!". Try HELP.
>
>> Your list owner is Lawrence J. Clark ([log in to unmask]).
>Unknown command - "YOUR". Try HELP.
>
>Summary of resource utilization
>-------------------------------
> CPU time:        0.009 sec                Device I/O:        0
> Overhead CPU:    0.006 sec                Paging I/O:        1
> CPU model:        5990                    DASD model:     3380

Lawrence J. Clark
Director, The Gatsby Project
Regional Director, East-Texas/Louisiana Alliance for Computers and Writing
Professor, English: Tomball College, Tomball, TX
http://www.nhmccd.cc.tx.us/people/ljc/index.html
listserv owner: Amlit2-L, Amlit1-L, Gatsby-L, Tekcom-L