LSTOWN-L

Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Daniel Salaciak <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:43:25 +0200
text/plain (2034 bytes) , ForumAttach1.txt (2066 bytes) , error.txt (1023 bytes)
Hello all:

Thanks to Wayne T. Smith for letting me know that 'App' *is* your scripts 
folder. ;-)  Listserv doesn't care where "wa" is, as long as you have told it 
(and your web server) where it is.

That answers my first question.

Now for Question Number 2:

I tried to join a list on our LISTSERV using a clone of form SIGNUPDEMO.HTML  
but I get 'The page cannot be found' error.  (Please see attachment error.txt)  
The link being generated by my changes to signupdemo.html on our  listserv is 
as follows:

http://listserv.lgca.org/signup/href=?SUBED2=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-
LIST&A=1&[log in to unmask]&p=Daniel+Salaciak&L=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-
PARENT-LIST&9=text&b=Join+this+list

The http link looks nice but how does it get processed and where is it going?   
Does it look like the link is generating correctly?  How does it get processed?  
What page is missing?  I know this link passes values - could someone check 
their generated link to see if it passes similar values?  If the generated link 
looks correct, what am I missing since it can't find the page?  That's why I 
was thinking that I don't have the complete package to automate this ListServ 
auto signon process.  Seems like I'm still missing some pieces to this puzzle.  
I've got the initial screen that corresponds to SIGNUPDEMO.HTML .  When I 
attempt to sign up to one of our lists, I get 'Page not found' for the generated 
link: http://listserv.lgca.org/signup/href=?SUBED2=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-
PARENT-LIST&A=1&[log in to unmask]&p=Daniel+Salaciak&amp;L=CARDINAL-
HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST&9=text&b=Join+this+list .

Please refer to the attachment (ForumAttach1.txt) for the code I modified and 
am executing.  The attachment (error.txt) shows the link and error I am 
receiving from hitting 'Join the List' on my clone of SIGNUPDEMO.HTML .  I 
appreciate the extra eyes as I know someone will probably see something I am 
missing to get this demo to work in my real world.

Regards,

Dan

<!--------------- Begin LISTSERV(R) wa.exe example calling demo --------------------> <! Below is the basic code you will need to add to your site> <!Note following URL for calling cgi script must be customized to your host> <!form action="HTTP://DEMO.LSOFT.COM/SCRIPTS/WA-demo.EXE"> <form action="href="http://listserv.lgca.org/app/wa.exe"> <!below parameters SUBED2 and A must be declared first and in this order. Later parameters are not sensitive to declaration order. All cgi variable NAMES below are case sensitive!> <input type=hidden name=SUBED2 value="CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST"><!default LISTNAME to join> <input type=hidden name="A" value=1><!required low security parameter> <!Other Variables needed: > <!s= email address> <!L= listname> <!p= username phrase: Fname Lname> <!9= topics list (if used) else "" empty> <table> <tr>  <td nowrap>  <b>Your e-mail address:</b>  </td>     <td>     <input name=s size=30 value="">     </td> </tr> <tr>  <td>  <b>Your name:</b>  </td>     <td>     <input name=p size=30 value="">     </td> </tr> <tr>  <td>  <b>Select a list:</b>  </td>    <td>    <select name=L>    <option value="CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST" selected>Cardinal - High School Parent Communications    <option value="CARDINAL-JORDAK_CIS-PARENT-LIST">Cardinal - Jordak/CIS Parent Communications    <option value="CARDINAL-MIDDLESCHOOL-PARENT-LIS">Cardinal - Middle School Parent Communications    </select>    </td> </tr> <tr>  <!note this example list uses TOPICS to differentiate Delivery style.   This is only one of several ways to do this.>  <td>  <b>Delivery Style:</b>  </td>    <td>    <!checked one is the default choice>    <input type=radio name=9 value="HTML">HTML    <input type=radio checked name=9 value="text">Text    </td> </tr> <tr>  <td></td>    <td>    <input type=submit name="b" value="Join this list">    <input type=submit name="a" value="Leave this list">    <input type=submit name="e" value="Leave all lists">    <INPUT type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset">    </td> </tr> </table> </form> <!--------------------- end of LISTSERV(R) example cgi calling code ----------------->
[log in to unmask]&p=Daniel+Salaciak&L=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST&9=text&b=Join+this+list" target="_blank">http://listserv.lgca.org/signup/href=?SUBED2=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST&A=1&[log in to unmask]&p=Daniel+Salaciak&L=CARDINAL-HIGHSCHOOL-PARENT-LIST&9=text&b=Join+this+list The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following: * Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly. * If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted. * Click the Back button to try another link. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) Technical Information (for support personnel) * Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404. * Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2