Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 10:29:01 -0600
On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, FRANK RIZULO wrote:

> I have just installed LISTSERV for Windows 95
> Is there a way
> to set up "test lists" for purposes of testing traffic analysis and
> functionality? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sure, just create a list name (e.g. TEST1-L), log in a few users (or
yourself under different ID's) and start sending traffic.  Of course this
won't help you test high volumes of mail, but it will test routing,
addressing, etc.  In the Win95 version, I think you can only have as many
lists as you have licenses for, so after your testing, you may need to
delete the list to free up license space for the 'real thing'.

I assume you have obtained and read the List Owners Manual (available
from www.lsoft.com  or ftp.lsoft.com).  This is a valuable resource!

BTW, I'm new at this too, but I'm running my list under the new Ease-Home
service offered by Lsoft.  In my humble opinion Listserv(tm) IS the greatest
thing since sliced bread!

  Ben Parker .............. (Oak Park IL) ........... [log in to unmask]