Anne H Toal <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:01:25 -0500
We are discussing the idea of a statewide network of Listservs that would
relay network service announcements to 18 different schools. Each school
might have a couple hundred subscribers. I have never done a peered list,
and haven't even ever seen much discussion of a sublist, so I was wondering
what would be the best way to approach this problem:

1). Since the purpose is to get out announcements on network breakages,
etc., it makes poor sense to locate all the subscribers on one central
server, because that might be the part of the network cut off.

2). Would like to minimize bandwidth use. Would like to be able to send one
message out to the other listservs for local distribution, like an exploder.

Thank you,
-aht