Jan A Bergeron VMD <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:01:33 -0500
Can anyone tell me what the following error code means?  I am particularly
interested in the portion that says "Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.2"

-----
      12/26 12/26 Jan A Bergeron VMD <[log in to unmask]>
                   Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.2
-----

I've looked in the manual and cannot find any reference to this.  The
reason I ask is because I am subscribed to the Copyediting-L list
@indiana.edu, and I was recently unsubscribed (by Listserv) due to repeated
errors, the above sample of which was sent to me by the list owner.  I'm
trying to track down the source of the problem.  As far as I can tell from
checking with my hosting company, the server on which my accounts are
running has not been down, and I have received mail from other lists at
that address without interruption.  I receive digests of the copyediting
list, since it is quite busy--there may be as many as eight digests a day,
and we are currently up to #323 for 2003. However, the digests are not
large, usually about 500 lines.

The bottom line is that I am trying to figure out if this is a problem with
my mail server or a problem with the list server at Indiana.edu.

Any thoughts?

Jan

Jan A Bergeron, VMD
[log in to unmask]     Phone: 732-671-7856
Owner CAVM List    Fax: 732-671-8432
http://CAVM.Net   Cell: 732-513-7072
3 Quail Drive * Middletown, NJ 07748