Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:37:21 EDT
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:29:42 -0400 Peter J. McLaren said:
>I have poured over the L-Soft List Owners Manual and I was not able to find
>the information that I am looking for.  My question is this:
>
>Is there a way that LISTSERV will allow an owner/manager to change the name
>of an existing list to a new list name without having to create a new list?

A LISTSERV maintainer (POSTMASTER=) may do this, and the procedure is
outlined in chapter 7 -- I think 7.14 but I may be wrong -- of the
Site Manager's Manual.  List owners who are not site maintainers cannot
perform this procedure as it requires access to the machine's file
system that list owners typically do not have (this is why it is not
described in the list owner's manual).

Nathan