LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:05:57 EST
On Fri, 13 Sep 1996 00:26:44 -0500 Winship said:
>> preparation for the removal of our VM system from service.  (*sniff*)
>
>Yesterday they had a little ceremony at the sate library (my wife is
>head of tech services so was there and told me about it) to shut down
>the system that had run the OPAC for four years.  My wife's computer
>person (who is also named Holly, and cute as can be) inserted the key
>and turned it. The various indicator lights blinked out in sequence
>and the poor thing passed peacefully to rest.

You know... I think I'll suggest this. :-)  There are a couple of us
who have already figured that we'll be hanging onto the wheels as they
roll the machine out the door, crying "No!  Don't take our baby!"  :-)
(I've already got dibs on one wheel... yes, I know it's archaic, but
I love it anyway.  Sue me.  :-)

-Holly (not the aforementioned "cute as can be" Holly :-)