Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:58:21 -0500
>         Editor, it asks me to use a mail command that generates
>         "Resent-" fields if I make no editing. That's something new
>         to me.
>
>         I am using Elm. I checked some FAQs and on-line documenta-
>         tions but couldn't find anything about "Resent-".

Elm does not generate proper fields for this.  You can use the Elm bounce,
but it isn't quite right.  The message will be distributed to the list,
but you will not get the distributed copy (assuming you are subscribed to
your list and your list sub matches your owner address; if you are subbed
with a different address you will get a distributed copy).  Eric set up a
test list for me to check this a while back. He redid the blurb about the
resent fields not long after.

If you have Elm you may also have Pine available.  You can easily find out
by typing at your unix prompt pine and if it is present it will create the
needed files for you.  Pine 3.91 and later has the bounce feature and it
works fine.  Some versions of Pine later than 3.91 do some odd things
which I haven't yet figured out how to fix, but the bounce works ok.

Oh, you have to enable the "bounce" in the configuration (set-up).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L