"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:33:09 -0500
John wrote, in part..
> What if I set filters to ignore "Renewal Monitoring Reports" and "Error
> Monitoring Reports" and then put "Error Reports" into a special mailbox.

This is pretty close to what I do.  From the 200K deliveries each day,
about 200 or so have delivery problems that LISTSERV 1.8c can't work
out on its own.  I filter these into one of two folders.  One is for
"Error Reports".  Every month or two, I'll look at this folder and
delete subscriptions for anyone that has bounces for the past month
... then I'll throw away everything older than 10 days.  The other
folder includes stuff I'll keep almost forever, but will probably
never look at, such as the daily monitoring reports.  If someone comes
back irate or interested in why they no longer have a subscription,
I'll look here.  Oh yes, subscribe & signoff notices are also filtered
to this folder.

Hope this helps,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET (formerly CAPS) University of Maine System