Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 11:11:11 PDT
On Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:13 EST, Linda Saboe <saboe@vuvaxcom> wrote:
> OK...I have my list set to open, confirm.

Yes, a 'REVIEW' of the 'POLITICS@VILLVM' list shows:

*  Subscription= Open,Confirm
*  Filter= ... *postmast*@*, ...
*  Filter= ... *POSTMAST*@*

Note that LISTSERV's filter is *NOT* "case-sensitive".
Therefore, you don't need to list both the above patterns.

If the filter was case-sensitive, then the IDs 'Postmaster'
and 'PostMaster' wouldn't be filtered.  :-)

>I'm the send-editor.

*  Send= Editor
*  Editor= [log in to unmask], (Politics)

Note that the "blank" after the "comma" causes the string '(Politics)'
to be interpreted as a "comment", rather than as an active part
of your list-definition.  Is that what you intended?

>PS. by the way, I tried to get onto the spam list, but the server
>refused all my attempts to confirm. I wonder if people have the same
>problem with my list?

I had no such problem.  Did you save a copy of the "please OK this"
posting, and a copy of your "OK" reply, and a copy of the "refusal" message?
Care to "share" those messages?