Barry Deutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:21:45 -0700
John,

>The two line footer will advertise "signoff, daily digest, message
>archives"--one negative and two positives--but will turn the signoff
>effort into a two step process by directing subscribers (who forgot the
>signoff routine for LISTSERV, if they ever knew it, and did not save their
>welcome message) to the info file for the list.

Is the info file you refer to something that must "get" from the listserv,
something they received when they originally subscribed, or an info file on
a web page that they could access. I am trying to simplify the process of
subscribers issuing listserv commands. If they can jump on a web page and
type in their email address, it might be easier than having them remember
what address to send the command to.

Any thoughts on that subject?

I am also implementing a short footer that would point people to my web
site. On the web site would be a form that would allow people to unsubscribe
from the list automatically. For those without browser mailto capability,
they will still have to manually send the unsubscribe command to the list.

I am also trying to figure out if I can set up automatic forms to retrieve
archive information and issue other user commands, such as digest. I have
found it very frustrating to see messages on high volume lists with listserv
commands.

Barry