"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 May 1993 20:17:17 EDT
John Arnfield <[log in to unmask]> asks:

> Is there any way I can find out _simply_ who has set themselves to CONCEAL on
> my list, i.e. without GETting the list and comparing it to the list of
> subscribers on a REVIEW?

To which Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]> replies:

> <...>  Isn't there some
> special character to search for in some certain column (81-100) in the
> control
> subscription file that will tell instantly which subscribers have set
> CONCEAL?

And Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> answered:

> Yes, but  that's not  simple. You  have to  figure out  how to  tell your
> editor to search  for 'C' in column  92 except when column 1  is '*'. And
> that may not work forever.

I'd like to add what might be obvious to many but maybe not to John:  The
command

QUERY LISTNAME FOR *@*

returns the options for each subscriber to LISTNAME.  CONCEALed subscribers
will have "Conceal=Yes" in their options.  Depending on John's needs, this
could be the simple method he needs.

Note that this is multiple lines per subscriper and might be pain to parse
than some might want.  But you can use your editor and search for "Conceal"
quite "_simply_."

Of course, I bow to Eric for corrections, etc.

Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
[log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]