Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:46:33 -0700
Continuing our series of occasional announcements during our 10th
Anniversary year, it give me great pleasure to announce:

        RedIRIS Wins the LISTSERV Choice Award For
          Excellent Web Interface Customization

Bethesda, MD (December 21, 2004) - RedIRIS, a Spanish national
research network that connects 250 universities and scientific
research centers, won the LISTSERV Technical Innovation Award.
RedIRIS operates the largest LISTSERV site in Spain with
approximately 500 email lists of scientific nature and subscription
totals beyond 100,000 email addresses. This is the sixth LISTSERV
Choice award and is the second LISTSERV Choice Award for RedIRIS, the
first having been in the email announcement list category.

"RedIRIS has created a LISTSERV site that is dynamic and unique. The
jury was impressed with the customization of the LISTSERV Web
interface and the attention to detail throughout the site," said Eric
Thomas, L-Soft CEO and founder. The LISTSERV site is translated and
modified with precision so that lists can be found alphabetically,
categorically, or by keywords using an excellent search function.
RedIRIS was recognized for its exemplary use of email lists to
distribute and exchange information, thereby utilizing virtual
communities, working groups, online courses, and meetings.

One of the most exciting developments of the LISTSERV site was the
translation of the Web interface into Spanish, which enabled RedIRIS
to expand its reach all the way to Latin America. This effort
produced an active collaboration with Latin American scientists, who
now manage several RedIRIS email lists. "We took advantage of the
flexibility of LISTSERV to translate and customize the pages of the
Web interface. I want to emphasize the impact this project has had;
fifty percent of our subscribers are in Spain, but twenty percent are
based in Latin America," said Jesús Sanz de las Heras, Email Service
Coordinator for RedIRIS.

In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, L-Soft has launched the
LISTSERV Choice Awards. To read more about the LISTSERV Choice Awards
winners go to:  <http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicewinners.asp>

For more information about the RedIRIS email list service go to:
<http://www.rediris.es/list>

  LISTSERV® is a Registered Trademark

 Ben Parker      Chief Corporate Consultant        [log in to unmask]
 The Training & Consulting Group                [log in to unmask]
 L-Soft international, Inc.                     http://www.lsoft.com
                        http://www.lsoft.com/products/consulting.asp