Tue, 26 Dec 1995 14:11:01 -0600
On Tue, 26 Dec 1995, Kevin J. Sinclair wrote:
> Can you use wildcards with AFD?

Yes, you often have to, but you have to use the wildcard in conjunction
with the filename or filetype the listowner has used in the filelist.

> mean that wildcards cannot be used with AFD?  I would like to be able to
> AFD sub to all the files of a specific filelist.

I don't think you can do this.  As far as I know, only those files which
are established as AFD files in the filelist (there has to be a generic
listing) will be distributed via AFD (or FUI if you just want notification
of updates rather than the files themselves).  Without the generic listing
I don't think it will work.  You can tell which are AFD/FUI files from
the filelist (what you get with INDEX), there will be a generic specification
like this:

> FILENAME  *   OWN  ALL    and then it will show nothing in the nrecs.

However, all files in the filelist with that FILENAME will be AFD/FUI files
to which you can subscribe.  It could be  *  FILETYPE also.  The important
thing to look for is that > in the first column.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L