Mon, 27 Sep 1999 00:18:09 -0500
> I've begged and pleaded with my subscribers to stop overquoting;
> whenever I do, things improve for about a week, and then everyone goes
> back to quoting everything.

Yeah, well, tell me about it: noticed phenomenon for years.  I know how to
stop it but can't as haven't total freedom here.  Just play the nasty
listowner from time to time which helps, for a while, but also makes the
timorous reluctant to post (hey, I ain't seriously bit anyone yet, despite
my bluffs).  Clean operation of the list, the goal of the listowner, is a
difficult concept to convey as they *will* take it personally.

Douglas