Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:47:46 -0500
>I am in the process of migrating some lists from 1.8d to 14.4.
>
>Are there changes to the subscriber info that would prohibit
>performing a GET <listname> on the 1.8d platform and then (after
>appropriate header corrections) performing a PUT <listname> on the
>14.4 platform?

No, there are no changes that would prevent this from working.  The
mailing lists can be migrated in this fashion (or by copying the
.list files over).  Note however that you will have to use the PUTALL
command instead of the PUT command if you're storing subscriber data
as well as the mailing list's configuration.  (PUTALL otherwise works
just the same as PUT.  I believe this distinction was added so that
accidentally issuing a PUT command with text below the configuration
wouldn't destroy the list of subscribers.)

At some point LISTSERV started keeping track of some additional
information, such as subscription date; I forget if that started in
1.8d or 1.8e.  However, storing subscriber data that doesn't include
this information shouldn't cause any problems for LISTSERV 14.4
(although it will of course be unable to retrieve this extra
information for such imported subscribers).
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

All of our manuals are available for download at
   <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>