Pat Letendre <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 14:10:41 -0700
Hello,fellow listowners.
I own a listserv run on VM at the U of Alberta. Unfortunately,in June 1995
VM will shut down here and the powers that be are looking at
majordomo--it's free--rather than listserv on unix,which I understand will
cost something.(I don't know how much exactly;the U of A has a student body
of over 30,000,but I think that currently it operates under 10 listservs.)

Does anyone have experience with both systems or perhaps done a comparison
of key differences in the features of each system? Does anyone know of
owners who have had to switch from listserv to majordomo and would be aware
of the implications to listowners and subscribers of switching systems in
midstream?

If possible,I want my lists to stay with listserv and am looking for some
ammunition to make my case. I will appreciate any help you can give.Please
send responses to my personal
address([log in to unmask]) as I don't want to clog up this list
with this problem.By the way,I have cleared this request with Eric. Thanks
and best regards,Pat
"Round up the usual suspects."
-Captain Louis Renault