Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 06:24:19 EDT
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:43:09 -0500 you said:
>I'd like to note that some of us do not exactly have very consitant web
>access depending on where we are comming from, and earlier today, when I
>tried to download the pdf version of the manual, I got very stalled after
>about 50k (or 20k on some attempts) and frankly, a lynx connection is much
>faster for me to use to look at very large files.  Additionally, I get the
>proper margins from the text version of the manual which I can print and
>expect to appear properly on printed paper from my graphically impaired
>lynx browser.  Strange things tend to happen with margins when I try and
>print from within Netscape.

I have  superb Web access most  of the time and  I still have a  full printed
copy of  all the Listserv  documentation. If I happen  to run into  an urgent
problem involving  an internal list  and there's a network  problem somewhere
that prevents me  from accessing the material  on L-Soft's Web site  or if my
computer doesn't have  enough available memory to open up  yet another window
to view the  online docs, I can  always turn to my trusted  printed copy. Its
also  impossible for  me to  drag my  monitor and  desktop computer  into the
bathroom, which  is where  I do a  lot of reading  of technical  material! :)

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.