Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 May 1994 14:18:25 CST
On Sat, 7 May 1994 17:38:19 CDT, Wendy Plotkin <[log in to unmask]> said:
>One of new co-moderators defined a password for AFD quite a while ago,
>and does not recall it.
>She is interested in placing files on our list's fileserver, but
>Listserv insists that she uses the password defined for the AFD.

I haven't tested it, but probably a less-than-optimal solution would
be to add her address to a FILELIST-level FAC, set the PUT access for
these files to that FAC, and give her the password.

>It says in ListAFD memo that the Listserv postmaster is the only
>one who can find a forgotten password.  How does he do this, or,
>in which Listserv documentation file will he find this?

I don't know the official answer, but it's stored in SIGNUP2 FILE on
LISTSERV's 191 mdisk.  It's the first word after the first '15'x.

>Also, is there an alternate way to allow her to place files on
>the fileserver other than finding out her Listserv password?

Oh.  Well, then, maybe the above suggestion isn't less-than-optimal.  :-)

Bill