Elliott Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 08:16:31 EDT
Date:         Mon, 1 Jul 1996 07:23:55 -0500
Sender:       Net-Happenings <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Gleason Sackman <[log in to unmask]>
To:           Multiple recipients of list NET-HAPPENINGS

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 21:37:55 -0600

Because email list sponsorship is becoming widespread, and there is
relatively little data on how such sponsorships are priced, I am collecting
data for a white paper on the subject of how email lists, discussion lists,
and email magazine sponsorships/advertisements are priced.

If you operate a sponsored email list and would like to be included in my
report, please email me at [log in to unmask] with the following
information by July 15, 1996:

Name of list
How to subscribe
URL of list home page (if there is one)
Subject matter of list
Frequency of mailings
Number of subscribers
Price and terms of sponsorships
Examples of who has sponsored your list in the past
Is receiving your list free to subscribers?  If not, what is the price?
Anything else you think is important for me to know about your list.

In return, I'll send you a copy of the paper. I expect the paper will
receive wide circulation, so it will also provide a good avenue to
publicize your sponsored list.

If you are a member of the press and would like to receive a copy of the
report, please let me know by email as well.