Sun, 1 Sep 1996 23:46:33 -0500
> I'd like to know whether it's possible to bounce mail to listserv
> lists -- moderated and unmoderated.

Yes to both.

> Does the full header of the bounced mail come through to list
> subscribers when you do that?  Or does listserv change, say, the
> "To:" line or delete selected header lines?  The mail is from a
> newsgroup and header lines like the References: line, etc. should
> be preserved.

The header your subscribers see will be determined by your list header
keywords and how the individual subscribers have their options set.

> If I bounce mail to the moderator of a listserv list and they
> decide to approve it for their list, and they bounce it to their
> list, will the header come through OK then?

It should, but note that when you bounce something a new field will by
generated, usually Resent-by: or Resender:  and, sometimes, if the item is
bounced too many times it can gum up the works a bit.

You speak of a newsgroup.  I assume you have permission  to send on
its mail.

Headers are ridiculously easy to change.  Just get out of your mail
program, go to the basic editor, and you can change just about anything
you want to change.  And some systems allow you to make up your own
header totally from scratch, just get rid of the old header and make up
your own.  We assume such things are used judiciously, for valid need.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L