George Frajkor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:19:01 -0400
Stan Horwitz wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> On Sep 6, 12:33pm, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>> } Subject: Post, but not read articles
>> } One of my colleagues has an unmoderated list. He wants his department's
>> } receptionist to be able to post messages on his list, but not receive any
>> } messages from the list or have access to the list's archived messages.
>> } Subscribing the receptionist and setting her subscription options to
>> } NOMAIL will not prevent her from accessing the list's archives. Does
>> } anyone have a suggestion on how this might be done?

>> This may be a foolish question Stan,  but if she is posting to the list
>> why  don't you want her to see the archives?  After all, she has seen
>> them when posting (or don't you want her to see the replies?).
>> Can't you tell her "Don't peek" or we slap you on the wrist?

>Its not me who has this need, its a colleague in a different department.
>Apparantly, there is discussion on the list that is not intended for this
>receptionist to see. Anyway, I thank you all for your ideas. I have
>forwarded them to my colleague who can decide which idea he prefers.

   I would suggest that he set the list to subscription=by owner so
that she cannot subscribe.  Then she can mail her postings to him
personally at his own email address and he can us a simple F (forward)
to the list.

--

    Jan George Frajkor                      _!_
 School of Journalism, Carleton Univ.      --!--