Ramón Mira de Orduña <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:44:21 -0500
Hello,

I am new on this list and before asking a FAQ, I searched the archives and
found some information regarding my problem.
However, I still seem to make a mistake and would like to ask for help.

Problem:
For the list I am talking about, occasionally, I would like to be able to
edit postings, while leaving the senders address in the <from> header, so
that subscribers still obtain messages as coming from the original mailer.
(For those concerned with less technical questions: I make my editions
visible).

I use Eudora Pro 5.1 and have already read about the Resent-To solution,
posted by rex.

I have the e-mail account of the owner/editor set up as "personality" in
Eudora and added the line "ExtraHeaders=Resent-From: [log in to unmask]".
When I generate messages with this personality, the resent-from header
seems to show correctly.

However, when I get a test message (I am still testing) for approval and
redirect it to the list after deleting the listserv message and the header
above the line, it still won't work. The sender will still be the list and
not the original sender

(this is part of the final header as obtained by subscribers)
Comments:     Resent-From: [log in to unmask]
Comments:     Originally-From: "L-Soft list server at LISTSERV.UOGUELPH.CA
               (1.8d)" <[log in to unmask]> (by way of
               "Ramón Mira de Orduña, Elactic Moderator"

If I don't delete the Listserv text and the headers manually, they will
just go through into the posting.

Since I wasn't sure if it was correct to send to the list (since the
message comes from the listserv server in the first place and for a simple
confirmation, I would reply with OK to the server) I also redirected the
message (with or without headers) to the listserv, who wasn't happy about
the commands.

Basically, I don't know how to get this going. Is this still an Eudora
problem or did Eudora users usually get this going with the changes
suggested by rex? Has there been any feedback?
Thanks for your contributions.

Ramon

The configuration of my list is below

Review= Owner
  Subscription= Open,Confirm
  Send= Private,Editor,Hold,Confirm
  Editor= [log in to unmask]
  Confirm-Delay= 168
  Confidential= no
  Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)
  Default-Options= Repro, Noack, Review, SUBJecthdr
  Notify= Yes          Reply-to= List,Respect     Files= No
  Stats=  Normal,Private
  Validate= Yes,Confirm
  Notebook=Yes,/export/home/listserv/archives/behaviour,Monthly,Public
  Subject-Tag= ELACTIC
  Owner= [log in to unmask]
  Owner= Quiet:
  Owner= [log in to unmask]