Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:43:22 -0400
Joe DeBattista wrote, in part:

>   We are having alot of problems with users sending SPAM and viruses through
>some of our lists.  One thing we'd like to do is change our lists to require the
>sender to confirm the mail before it goes out to the list.  Is there an easy way
>to edit a bunch of lists to add some code without having to call up each list
>separately?  We are running listserv 1.8d on an AIX server.  Any suggestions
>would be helpful.  Thanks.

Is your incoming mail scanned for spam?.  Mine is, and is marked in the
subject line as "{SPAM?}".  Writing a LISTSERV content filter to discard
spam is then trivial, either on a list by list basis, or for  the site.
Just a thought.

If the number of lists isn't too big, you might consider making a web
page with hyperlinks to each list config page. The wa argument is
"HDRED1=listname", if I'm not mistaken.  Generate the page with same
code for each list, and you've saved a lot of clicks.  Save some more by
making each anchor open in a new window.

cheers, wayne