"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 12:35:03 -0500
Priest" post (Post A) at Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:41:23 EDT and the
complete message (Post B) at Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:41:18 EDT. Note
here at 26-SEP-1995 07:29:03.34 (Central Time) and Post B arrived
at 25-SEP-1995 12:17:36.54 (Central Time) about 19 hours earlier.

From:SMTP%"[log in to unmask]" 26-SEP-1995 07:29:03.34
To:  FACSHAFERI
CC:
Subj:Re: The New Priest

Date:         Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:41:23 EDT
Sender:       Assoc for rights of Catholics in church-arcc
From:         "James E. Biechler" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: The New Priest
To:           Multiple recipients of list VATICAN2 <[log in to unmask]>

Yes, friends, I do believe the evidence is clear.  Recently ordained priests
tend to see themselves as quite different from the people to whom they minister.
During an interview with my new pastor (we recently changed parishes) he stated
his and his brother priests' concerns about the new crop of priests.  A pastor
reported to him that his newly ordained curate hadn't taken off his Roman collar
all summer!  A correspondent writing to The Tablet (London) referred to the new
priests as having a "Green Beret" mentality.  A psychologist in a western
diocese who serves on the seminary admissions board told me there really are no
obstacles to seminary admission once you pass the All in all, it looks like
we're in for a dose of "that old time religion."