Russell Johannesson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:52:55 -0800
We are trying to move our list from majordomo to listserv. The
subscription process needs to be extremely easy (a one-link-click
process) and either user-initiated or immediately confirmed from the
subscribed address.

To accomplish this move, I want to send our subscribers an invitation
containing an individualized link that when clicked will subscribe them
to the new list automatically.

Another approach would be to administratively add all of the subscribers
to the new list in bulk. However, this method does not seem to be able
to generate the usual link-based subscription confirmation message. A
possible solution is to then schedule an immediate renewal. However, the
renewal-confirmation message does not have a single-click link. Instead,
the users have to either create a listserv account in the web interface
or manually construct a valid email reply.

Most of our subscribers are barely literate. If we send them anything
more complicated than a single link that takes care of everything, we
will lose many if not most of them.

I would appreciate any guidance in this matter. I have not found any
help in the documentation.

Following is our list header in case it might be useful.

Test List

Translate= No
Change-Log= Yes,Yearly
Safe= Yes
Sender= None
Newsgroups= None
Review= Owner
Digest= No
Notify= Yes
Send= Confirm,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
Send= [log in to unmask]
Editor= Confirm,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
Editor= [log in to unmask]
Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(4),Probe(0)
Misc-Options= IGNORE_EMAIL_CASE,SUPPRESS_APPROVED_BY
Attachments= No
Default-Options= SHORTHDR,REPRO,NOACK
Sizelim= 3K
Subscription= Open,Confirm
Ack= No
Confidential= Service
Validate= Yes
Reply-to= None,Respect
Errors-To= Owner
Owner= [log in to unmask],Quiet:
Owner= [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/lists/test-list,Monthly,Private
Renewal=15-Daily

.HH ON
This template...
.HH OFF