Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:06:58 -0500
On 7/21/2004 1:50 PM, Kenny, Melissa S wrote:
> I had a question from a moderator who wants to know if it is possible to
> view the full header on a message awaiting approval.  He is a fairly
> technical sort, and wants to see the header to help determine whether a
> message is spam or not.  Does anyone know if it is possible to view the
> header.  It does not show up in the Web interface.

On 7/21/2004 2:34 PM, Pete Weiss responded:
> The ones that need approval by "OK" (or click on URL) have the full
> headers "buried" after the abstract ... just "scroll" the message.
>
> Or maybe I don't understand the question?

If the question refers to the message as displayed in the approval request
sent by email, with most email clients, you will have to view the source to
see the full headers, even on the embedded message.

If the question refers to the message as displayed on the list moderation
web page, it appears that the 'Received' headers are the only headers which
are not displayed on the list moderation web page.

I may be mistaken, but I suspect that most spam will be recognizable as
spam without the need to view the 'Received' headers. If the message is
spam, and the moderator wants to report it to the sender's service
provider, he/she will need to go back to the approval request which was
sent by email to get the full headers.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator