"Bassett, Peggy" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 13:32:29 -0500
Hello,

One of our list owners tried to add several search categories to his
list this morning but received warnings back from LISTSERV:

The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* Categories= SCIENCE:SOCIAL:GENEALOGY:REGIONAL_LISTS,...
Warning: "Science:Social:Genealogy:Regional_Lists" is not a known
category.

I understand that these categories don't exist and it seems obvious that
the definition of categories is no longer "open".  My question is, can I
request that new search categories be added to the ListCat file?

Peggy Bassett
University Computing Services
Indiana University, Bloomington