Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:56:27 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:34:35 +0200, "Thomas Patrick O'Halloran"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>---Message from [log in to unmask] on Thu, 11 Jul 96 01:56:10 ---
>well, I "got"  welcome, edited it, and "Put" it back....
>but now new members get 2 of them, the original "you are subscribed"  and mine
>"usage guidelines for Irl-Pol"
>does anyone have any idea what the other file might be called?

The "you are subscribed" file is actually a message in the MAILTPL file.
Carefully read Section 9 of the List Owners Manual for instructions on
how to GET this template file, how to modify it and PUT back the specific
changes you want for your list.  The specific template you are refering
to is the $SIGNUP template.  (The 'you are subscribed' is actually a
different, 1 line template)

I would not delete it, but you could shorten it something very short
like:

  "You will receive a separate file on usage guidelines and posting
  instructions.  Please read it carefully and please SAVE it for future
  reference.  Welcome to &listname."

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]