John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:11:18 -0400
> Hello to all,
>
> I have a question about content filtering.
>
> Our list is set to:
>
> <--- pasted in relevant part --->
>
>  Validate=            yes,confirm
>  Review=              owners
>  Subscription=        open,confirm
>  Send=                Editor,Hold
> --- snipped a bunch ---
>  Editor= [log in to unmask]
>  Editor= (ME-PLATFORM)
>
> <--- end pasted header part --->
>
> In the content filters are lines like:
>
>  From: [log in to unmask]
>  Action: REJECT Spam not accepted
>
>  Subject: *-Mortgages*
>  Action: REJECT Possible spam detected, message not accepted
>
>  From: *@ATTBI.COM
>  Action: REJECT Possible spam detected, message not accepted
>
> and while the first two of the above work just fine, the third
> doesn't seem to work at all.
>
> The reason to filter on all with *@ATTBI.COM is that our list has
> no subscribers there but the percentage of received spam is about
> 80% coming in from [log in to unmask] for approval (due
> to the listheader settings offcourse).
>
> These postings have headers like:

I'm not sure why this is not working unless a trailing * will make it
work. However, since you want to reject an entire domain, you should just
use the Filter= list keyword as this is what this is for.

Filter=Also, *@ATTBI.COM

For your content filtering you could experiment with:

but the Filter=  keyword is the way to go in this case.