John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 20:53:14 -0400
Hello,

I got this message in response to a PUT header command that DID include a
password on the first line, so I don't get what the problem is.  For what
it's worth, Validate=Yes,Confirm on this list, and the software version is
1.8c running at american.edu  I thought that list passwords didn't exist on
1.8c and that only personal passwords mattered.  I established a personal
password, but this is not the first time I've gotten this message when
storing a header.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.

The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* PW= <Missing>
Warning: You have not specified any password for the list. This setup
         compromises the security of your list and is strongly discouraged.

Please refer to the list keyword documentation (available via the "INFO
KEYWORDS" command) for more information about keyword syntax.

Since only warnings have been issued, the list will be stored anyway.

The header of the ABCDEF-L list has been successfully replaced.