Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:13:35 EDT
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:55:15 -0500 Pauline M. Gabriel said:
>On 14 Sep 00, at 15:27, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>
>> This really isn't a function of Listserv, per se.
>
>I swore I read it somewhere that you could send out a file monthly,
>or every 15 days (I think that was the example) with things like
>this.  I don't recall the command etc, or I would look up the
>specifics.  Anyone care to give it a shot?

You can't do it with LISTSERV commands :)  The mail would have to be
generated externally and sent to LISTSERV.  If you sent a DISTRIBUTE
job to LISTSERV you could set a Prime time on the job so that the
mail would not distribute until (say) Friday morning at 00:00, but
that only works on a "this week" basis.

If you have a mail client that will let you delay sending mail until
date(d) and time(t), that would be simplest.  I think you can do that
with Outlook but I don't use Outlook myself unless I'm either really
desperate to get my mail on the road or if I'm trying to reproduce
some alleged bug in LISTSERV that only occurs when people use Outlook...

Nathan