Wed, 14 Dec 1994 19:11:45 -0600
On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, James A. Schaefer wrote:
       text deleted

> When I send the set nomail's and deletes, is there anyway to insert comments
> in the file so I could preserve a brief note of why I did what I did, e.g.,
> set travel-L nomail for [log in to unmask]
> *  joe ran out of disk space
> delete travel-L [log in to unmask]
> *  mary is an unknown user

I don't know of any.  What we do is have a separate account to which
errors are sent.  We keep one sample of each error on which action is
taken in DELETED NOTEBOOK, including autodeletes.  We keep 'em for around
for about a month or so, so if an irate subscriber asks we can just
check the file for the reason for the deletion.  And send a copy for
their computer people if they insist the problem couldn't be on their
end.

Douglas
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner