"David B. O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 09:33:46 -0500
>Is AOL saying that, if our lists are gatewayed to AOL, AOL has sole
>copyright to everything on our lists?  Does having a single subscriber
>with an aol.com address give them, by their lights, total rights to
>everything on the list? Other?

I obviously have missed something here. I'm not aware of any such copyright
attempt by anyone in AOL. I have asked our legal staff about this, and she
was surprised to hear it as well -- I'm asking her to check around to see
where this rumor might have originated.

BTW, in the future, questions about America Online and its policies can and
should be sent to me. Even if I can't answer them immediately, I *can* make
sure that they are answered by the appropriate in-house staff.

--
___David O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\  America Online Postmaster, USENET Admin | Tel. +1 703/556-3725