Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 15:10:25 -0600
On 23 Mar 97 12:23:46 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>From:         Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Digests coming up "empty"
>
>I apologize if I've asked this before and forgotten, but what would cause a
>subscriber to suddenly start receiving "empty" digests?
>
>Here's my subscriber's message to me:
>
>>I've been a member of the Cardinals list for about 6-8 months now. I
>>couldn't keep up with the daily volume of email, so I switched to the
>>digest mode. It was working out well. Then about 2 weeks ago the digests
>>started coming in without the actual posts. All I get are the subjects, the
>>number of posts, and the number of lines. The rest of it is gone. Did I
>>miss something? I've checked my attachments folder and the web sight and I
>>can't find them in there. I've copied the latest post below. Thanks for the
>>help. JJ
>>>

>>>There are 4 messages totalling 147 lines in this issue.
>>>
>>>Topics of the day:
>>>
>>>  1. Jordan review
>>>  2. Cardinal Games on the Net (2)
>>>  3. pitching rotation

I have been experimenting with the same thing and do not have the
answer yet but am very interested in any suggestions that some may
offer. I have one provider that this happens to and another that it
does not happen with. I use the same mail program for each subscriber
and have subscribed to the same digest. One is fine and the other is
exactly as yours.

It is my assumption that the one that errs is misinterpreting the file
type and also has to do with the mime function of listserv 1.8c and
the bursting of digests into individual messages. I have noticed that
the message that I get is not a multipart/digest format. I have
thought that this had something to do with the mistake. I have not
been able to determine where the rest of the message goes either.

Bill Harrison