"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 May 1997 23:59:51 -0400
On 19 May 97 at 20:16, Stan wrote:

> >> get gs-l welcome
> >File "GS-L WELCOME" is not yet available.
> >
> >> get gs-l farewell
> >File "GS-L FAREWELL" is not yet available.
> >
> >> get gs-l default.mailtpl
> >Invalid character "." in filetype.
>
> I'm sure I'm doing something dumb here.  "INDEX GS-L" shows the
> welcome and farewell files as existing.  As for default.mailtpl,
> if the "." is illegal in the name, why does the documentation
> use it?  And how do I get it?

   From your index listing and the above results I would say that file entries
exist in your lists catalog for the above files, but they, in themselves, do
not yet exist.  They need to be PUT there before there is anything to GET.
Simply create them, and then put them with:

      PUT GS-L WELCOME PW=xxxxxxxx
      PUT GS-L FAREWELL PW=xxxxxxxx

   As to the default template file, try simply:

      GET DEFAULT MAILTPL

   Hope this helps.

Larry

Lawrence B. York