Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:41:42 -0500
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
12/21/2005 02:00:15 PM:

> > What address are you sending to?
>
> Both [log in to unmask]   and  [log in to unmask]
>
> The former has improved, a bit, in delivery but the latter still does
not
> work, when the mail is sent from a really picky site, like the U. at
> Buffalo.  It used to deliver to @mail.ccsi.com just fine, but quit about
> a week ago.  It is from long distance phone calls to the folk at UB that
> I heard of the dnsreportback.com stuff; that's what they go by,
apparently.

> Sites that aren't so picky will still deliver to mail.ccsi.com, but that
> is immaterial; only mail from buffalo.edu to mail.ccsi.com is important
> to me, as far as mail.ccsi.com goes (no one else uses it).  My regular
> mail is just sent to plain ccsi.com, which, as I said, has improved in
> the past 24 hours (after many emails and hours on the phone in the past
> week).

whois, dig and google can't find anything on dnsreportback.com.  Are they
possibly refering to dnsreport.com?
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=ccsi.com shows a few
issues with the DNS for ccsi.com.

> Question:  What is a DNS Dope Slap?

A dope slap is a sharp percussive blow to the back of the offender's head.
 In this case it is intended to get their attention to fix their DNS
entries.

They guys over at NPR's Car Talk (http://cartalk.com ) used to have a
great page on the Dope Slap, including sending a virutal dope slap to
someone that needed one.  Last time I looked, it was gone though.