Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:27:38 +1000
>I'm considering the use of either ListServ or ListServ Lite to manage a
>couple of mailing lists that I have, and since I use a hosting
>service for
>my web site and don't have access to the necessary server
>space to set it up
>there, I'm wondering if I can do it on a machine on my office
>Lan. If so
>would that machine have to have the direct connection to the
>Internet, or
>could it connect through the gateway machine? I currently run
>a mailserver
>on the machine with the direct connection (DSL) to the net and
>from what
>I've read, Listserv can't coexist on the same machine.

What OS is your office machine running?  If it's Windows then you'll find
that the preferred way to set it up is to point it to an external mail
gateway anyway.  The only reason you'd want your LISTSERV machine to have
Internet access directly is if you were planning on having an online
archive.

BTW, if you need help setting up and configuring your LISTSERV install you'd
be better off directing your questions to the LSTSRV-L list.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.