Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:08:56 -0500
On 7/7/2004 1:06 PM, Pete Weiss wrote:

> I highly discourage re-distribution lists for this very reason PLUS for
> those lists that are SEND=PRIVATE, a re-distribution list makes
> contributions more "difficult."

I am no fan of re-distribution lists, but such things exist, and anyone
trying to unravel the mystery of why person X is receiving messages from
list Y needs to be aware of the possibility that a re-distribution list
might be involved.

It is also possible that the individual is subscribed to a sub-list of
the list in question, but I would have expected the list owner to check
that possibility during the initial stage of the investigation.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator