Tue, 2 Aug 1994 20:40:46 -0400
        I have a subscriber who is considering writing a book about
her Internet experiences, which apparently is to include extensive use
of material from my list archives: mainly threads she was involved in.
She wonders if there are any restrictions on her ability to use this
material -- she intends to ask the permisssion of parties concerned,
but it might not be possible to secure the approval of all before
publication.

        My understanding is that the status of the list is similar to
public printed material -- it can be used within reasonable bounds.
The list in question is fully public in all aspects, from
subscriptions to the archives.  Does anybody have some releavnt
information or experience about this matter?  Thanks,

        Taner Edis,  SKEPTIC list owner