Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 12:35:06 EDT
we are running 1.8b on VM/XA

just had 'one of those' situations

    I set up a new list for a class
       1. the knowledgeable students immediately subbed themselves
       2. the grad assistant did an ADD for all students
       3. the prof did an ADD for all students

I would have expected the message 'name replaced' for each ADD for an
existing sub, but subscribers ended up with 2, or even 3 entries for the
same nodename - one for each variation in userid - same userid, just
different typing - one all lowercase, one first character uppercase,
one all uppercase.  Is this working as designed or did we omit something
( "ignore case" ? ) somewhere in our installation / setup ?
Is the fact that the ADD jobs and many of the SUBs came from a remote
machine meaningful ?
-mike