Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:51:36 -0600
> I disagree.  I find that it is very convenient to highlight a point in my
> email with an appropriate underline, or color it red, or bold it, etc.

The problem is, many can't see it.. not to mention, some are still paying for email by
the byte.

One of the real glories of email lists is that they *are* inclusive.  Adding html and
binaries make a list exclusive because only those with programs/access/puters that
can see it can use it.

For many moons people have accented pure text with _underline_ or *italics or
underline*  and as far as I know, most if not all "get it".

But I have to aknowledge that some lists need the html and other fancy stuff.. and
those lists wouldn't be joined by people who couldn't see that stuff.

As usuall.. there is no "one way".

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]