Fri, 18 Nov 1994 23:34:03 -0600
> abusing my lists and lying about their procedures.  They never
> consulted me about posting their irrelavent message to my list.  And,
> when I wrote them back to complain, I found they are on autopilot!
> This is definately *not* correct Net etiquette.  Can you please
> council them?  Thank you,
>                          Hugh Jarvis
> >Excuse me?  Gone through the owners???  I own one of those lists that
> >was "spammed" by you lot and was never consulted.  Try again guys!

I may be wrong, but I think perhaps the Syllabus folk were under the
impression that all lists are moderated so when they post to the list they
are giving the listowner/editor the chance to accept/reject the posting.
If this was their assumption, they were guilty of poor research.  If they
want to claim they consulted the listowners/editors, they should take the
time to learn who those parties are and ask them directly, individually,
for permission (for the most brownie points), or at least use the
listname-request address.  If they did neither of those they can't claim
they "consulted" the listowner/editor.  And a bit more research as to
which would be appropriate lists for their message would be nice, too.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner