Bryan Fritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 19:41:28 +0000
Alperin, Glenn writes:

> >This person is known for sueing.  My question is this. Can a listowner be
> >sued for restricting someone's access to a public list? In this case, the
> >listowner lives in a different country than the person who is the
> >aggravator.
> >
> >Have you all dealt with this before? If so, any suggestions, to the list and
> >to me privately, would be of great help.  I feel threatened, and do not know
> >what is best to do in this situation.  As of this date, both parties have
> >told me that they are considering legal action, ....( one against the
> >other for her public redressing, and the other towards me and my co owner for
> >restricting her access to the list, should we decide to do that.)
>
> As far as I am concerned, this person has chosen to join your list, for
> whatever reasons, and must therefore abide by the rules set for the list
> by you (and your co-owner(s) if any) as list-owners.  If they choose not
> to abide by your rules for the list,  they can go elsewhere and rant and
> rave all they want, but they do not, I repeat, DO NOT have the right to
> tell you how to run YOUR list.  Thtat decision is up to you.

        Also, do you PAY to run the list?  Alot of people have to pay to get
a listserv, unless it is for school or business.  If you're paying,
that's the same as if you own a business.  You can refuse any
business you want, or tell anyone that they aren't welcome there.

  Bryan Fritchie - mailto:[log in to unmask]
  http://www.users.nwark.com/~bryan/
  "God can do more in a moment, than
  you could ever do in a lifetime."

- Dr. Ronnie Floyd