Joe Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 May 1993 21:59:36 CDT
> Another option to look into would be changing the MAXGET in your
> LOCAL SYSVARS.  This would apply to all lists, if this is desired.
> I don't know if changing MAXGET above 50 is a problem.

Sorry this is late.  I just got back from being gone several days.
Unless the majority of lists at a site are quite busy this is a
VERY bad (IMHO) idea.  Daily-Threshold is the last defense against
mail loops.  And if my list normally has a maximum of 10 messages (a
fairly normal--even somewhat busy list), 50 messages is probably a
problem.  Please don't advise listowners to beg their list maintainer
to up this default threshold when it's much simpler to change it for
a specific, busy list.

Joe Moore
South Dakota State University