Ann White <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 13:02:58 -0500
Support Buddies,
    This is rather important.  I had some discussions with an author who is
extremely paranoid about copyright issues.  My mailing list is a group of
afficianados of her work actually, and wish to discuss her books.  Well she
is setting up her own web site soon, so wanted any and all mention of her
off of my web site, and mailing list.  I did so, but at the request of
someone in the mailing list who had never seen the pages prior to their
being removed, I posted the pages into the email of the mailing
list...thinking its just for us.  What the pages were were 3 or 4 paragraphs
of quotes for the first 4 chapters of the book, quotes that brought out the
essence of what the learning was in this chapter.
    I just received an email from the author, pleased that everything's
removed from my site, whew, finally, however asking about 6 questions of
asking for repeated assurance that there were no archives, no hidden keys to
draw up these pages, etc.  I assured her there were no archives.  Then, this
morning in my shower, thought "oh no" the mailing list now has an archive of
the pages that were taken off the web.

I did a GET listname (header  command and planned to change the notebook to no,
I don't see a reason for an archive at this point especially with the
potential copyright discussion.
Will that delete the current archive that is there already? Or will I have
to do more to delete that archive?

Kind of need to act on this in a hurry, any one have any advice?

Also I am very interested in discussing the fair usage laws and copyright
issue, if anyone wants to pursue this further with me.  I've been doing some
research as to what I can do, and not do, and feel I am within my boundaries
on the law.  Is anyone really knowledgeable about this issue?

Thanks again,

Annie
   Annie's World
   http://www.tir.com/~annie