"Margaret_A.King" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:23:00 EST
> For some reason, the indexing function on one of our lists is not working.
> While you can see that the physical files are there, when someone sends a
> GET INDEX message to the server, it replies with a blank file.  Does anyone
> have a clue why this is happening?

Something similar happened here once when a Listserv postmaster (okay, I
admit, it was me) messed up the LISTSERV FILELIST by doing the wrong kind
of GET and PUT, causing it to lose all those little "/F/" markers on
the lines that refer to other filelists.  As I recall, the effect on
accessing the logs was different for lists that had filelists defined than
it was on the lists that had nothing but archives.  (I don't remember
exactly, but I would guess the ones that had nothing but archives would
have been unaffected.)

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University