Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:55:20 +0200
>I'm curious (and the more I know, the less I get
>caught by surprise); aside from the subject tagging, can you tell me the
>difference between the "normal, edited subject" and the "pristine
>original"? I didn't realize anything happened to subject lines except the
>optional tagging.

I don't remember any more what it does exactly, but from memory, there is
code to deal with the various spellings and capitalizations of "Re:" and to
remove "Re: re[3]: RE{2}: Why keep things simple when you can complicate
them indefinitely?" kind of stuff. Then there is code to make sure the
subject is encoded properly if it contains characters that require encoding.
And of course earlier subject tags have to be removed, and the new one
inserted.

  Eric