Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:13:44 -0700
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:01:26 -0000, S Lamido
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What I want is to set them so that only the 3 mandatory owners can change the settings but none of the others including the quite owners.

This is not possible, and has nothing to do with the Review= setting anyway.
All persons (email addresses actually) listed as Owner= have equal powers to
change things.  This is unavoidable at present (although it might change in a
future version of LISTSERV).

The thing we do at L-Soft for our hosted lists is to put certain keywords
inside a warning label:

***** L-Soft Use Only *****
2004.11.17  BP  Level 1  Sales:  Mktg Dept Donation
Discussion List
Change-Log=Yes, Yearly
Validate= Yes,confirm
Limits= Sub(500)

Contact Information:  Full Name  Phone#

We know what these settings are supposed to be.  Although any Owner= may
change them, we warn them not to change these.

It's not perfect, but at least it sets boundaries for inexperienced owners.