William Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 13:00:01 GMT
At 11:29 PM 12/3/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi. I am the owner of the blindjob mailing list, among others. I am having
>a strange problem with blindjob. I currently have Listserv set up to send
>all of my administrative messages (error messages, list-request messages,
>confirmations) to my Freenet account. This is to separate these messages
>from my list-interaction messages, which I do through the more
>frequently-used of my e-mail addresses, which I am using to make this
>post. My Freenet account is not subscribed to the blindjob list at all ...
>it is only meant to be used for administration purposes. However, every
>now and then, messages that go to the list will also be sent to my Freenet
>account. These messages also make it o the list just fine, and there are
>no identifying error messages to explain why my Freenet account should
>have gotten them. This happens rarely, and it never happens with the other
>Listserv list which I own. Does anyone have any idea what could be going
>on here? Thanks.
>
>Bruce

Hmm, this sounds strangely familiar to a problem of mine.  As an owner who
is specified in the header to receive our list's error messages, I
sporadically receive "normal-looking" list digests even though I am not
subscribed to receive such digests. It doesn't matter whether I am
subscribed to receive individual messages, or am not subscribed to our list
at all.  I still get the digests occasionally, sometimes several a day.

Currently all four of our owners are set to receive error messages.  Another
listowner is having the same problem.  The other two owners have not
mentioned getting the unwanted digests.

I too use multiple accounts.  The digests always come to the account where I
am an active owner and/or receive the error messages.  Have no pattern or
clues to what's causing it.

-Bill Jenkins   [log in to unmask]